Thursday, May 6, 2010

Baseball n' Stuff

I think I might parlay this into a baseball blog. Simply said, I could republish the items that others have carefully researched and worked on (or re-re-reposting as is usually the case in this medium) or I could offer unique insights on something I'm passionate about and reasonably sure I have an original opinion on. That said I'll still probably keep this domain despite the subject matter.

So, Ryan Braun. Enigmatic, wanna be, reluctant superstar. I don't think that makes any sense either, but it seems to be a truthful statement. Outside of Milwaukee and the fantasy baseball world, he's a surprising nobody. His persona seems to lend to this leave me alone situation; his ego and ambition speak differently.

This is a guy who gets pissed, feels dissed, and is supremely motivated to succeed. In an era without Pujols, this would be the THE guy in MLB at this stage. He seems to flirt with the spotlight with his sheer numbers and fledgling restaurant empire and his near captain status. For some reason there's some disconnect with fans outside of WI and I don't exactly get it.

I applaud him for not being a jerk in any way. He has the swagger to pretty much get away with bad behavior but seems to be a standup guy. What an enigma and what a player.

No comments: